We love children at Pathway Church and we believe that they are not only part of our church – they are the church! We feel so honored that God has entrusted us with so many incredible children. Our desire is that we would see them growing in their faith and sharing in community.
The changes we are implementing will help us to achieve these important goals:
SAFETY – we want to ensure that the children of Pathway Church and our guests are as safe as possible.
EXCELLENCE – we want to create environments that are age appropriate and provide the best available care for them.
SCALABLE – we need to setup systems and programs that will be able to grow with the church.
FAMILY – we know that children learn best in age appropriate environments but we also want to see families worshiping and praying together. We will be looking for creative ways to combine both as we implement the following changes.
1. We will have 4 environments beginning April 28th, 2013
- Birth-23 months (nursery)
- 2-3 years (preschool)
- JK – 1
- Grade 2-6
* Graduation to the next class will happen at the end of August for the older 2 classes. If you are unsure where your child should be in the meantime — see Jessica.
2. In order to create space for adults and parents to fellowship we will be opening our check in 15 minutes before service and providing some time following the service before check out. See the schedule below:
- 10:15 a.m. Check-In OPENS
- 10:30 a.m. Check-In CLOSES (please try to arrive in time to check your kids in before service begins)
- 11:30 a.m. Service ends
- 11:45 a.m. Final Check-Out
*** You must check-out your children by 11:45 so our teachers can clean up the rooms. Once checked out, your children will be in your care and are the responsibility of the parent / guardian.
CLARIFICATION: Children are welcome to be in the lobby or gym (with their parents) and no activities or equipment will be provided past 11:45.
3. Kidzone will be phased out. NEW volunteer care option to begin.
For nearly three years we have provided a play area in the gym for children following the service. Kidzone began as a way to keep the children of our volunteers occupied while their parents were tearing down after church. It is now time to phase out the Kidzone and to provide some safer alternatives.
We will be implementing PRE-service and POST-service care for the children of our scheduled volunteers. If BOTH parents are working – we will have a staffed area with activities for those children.
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Pre-service Care
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Post-service Care
- Children of our volunteers will be checked into the care environment at 9:30 for huddle and they will transition right into their respective Pathway Kids class at 10:15.
4. Family worship:
We are presently considering a number of different options to bring the older classes back into the main worship environment. Please be patient with us as we may need a few weeks to transition everyone onto the new schedule before we do this.
Thank you for your continued support as we make some much needed changes. If you have any concerns please direct them to Nathan or Jessica – we want to hear from you.